One of the 20th century's largest breakthroughs in electronics, integrated circuits paved the way for miniaturized electronics
For a more detailed history, see the article Integrated Circuits.
- Bipolar integrated circuits - an integrated circuit in which the principal element is the bipolar junction transistor
- CMOS integrated circuits & microprocessors - complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor integrated circuits, which exhibit high noise immunity and low static power consumption
- Coprocessors - a computer processor used to supplement the functions of the primary processor (or CPU)
- Current mode circuits - circuits demonstrating linearity and increased bandwidth
- Field programmable gate arrays - or FPGA, an integrated circuit designed to be customized by the customer or designer after manufacturing
- Hybrid integrated circuits - also known simply as hybrids, a miniaturized electronic circuit constructed of semiconductor devices and passive components on a printed circuit board.
- Integrated circuit manufacture, modeling & packaging - the production aspect of integrated circuits
- Integrated circuit noise - perturbation of the signals in an integrated circuit
- Large scale integration - the process of creating integrated circuits by combining thousands of transistors in one chip
- Monolithic integrated circuits - a circuit that is entirely located on a single piece of silicon, nowadays often synonymous with integrated circuit
- Power integrated circuits - integrated circuits that are capable of driving a power load and of handling high voltage or current
- Radiofrequency integrated circuits - or RFIC, analog circuits that are often used in wireless communication devices
- Thick film circuits - a circuit created by adding several successive layers of conductor, resistors, and dielectrica onto an insulating substrate using screen printing
- Thin film circuits - a circuit in which the passive components and conductors are produced as films on a substrate by evaporation and/or sputtering
- Very high speed integrated circuits - or VHSIC, a Department of Defense program in the 1980s to develop faster integrated circuits
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
Pages in category "Integrated circuits"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total.
- Why Integrate a Circuit?
- Integrated Circuits
- Integrated Circuits and the Space Program and Missile Defense
- Archives:Integrated Circuits Fabrication
- Archives:Integrated Circuits for Consumer Applications
- Archives:Integrated Circuits, A Revolution in Electronics
- First-Hand:Invention of an Integrated Circuit
- Hiroshi Iwai
- John S. Mayo
- Oral-History:Naomi McAfee
- James D. Meindl
- Oral-History:Lou Meren
- Jerry Merryman
- Oral-History:David G. Messerschmitt
- David G. Messerschmitt
- World's First Microprocessor in the F-14A "Tom Cat" Made on Long Island
- Microwave Circuits
- Archives:Microwave Integrated Circuits
- Oral-History:John Moll
- Oral-History:Gordon Earl Moore
- Oral-History:Fusao Mori
- Oral-History:Gordon K. Teal
- First-Hand:The AT&T BELLMAC-32 Microprocessor Development
- First-Hand:The Development of Pong: Early Days of Atari and the Video Game Industry
- Archives:Thermal Design Considerations in Microelectronic Circuitry
- Thin Film Deposition Technologies
- Transistors and the Computer Revolution
Media in category "Integrated circuits"
This category contains only the following file.
- Integrated Circuits Open Circuit.jpg 600 × 600; 62 KB