Category:History & heritage
Although it is association of cutting-edge members, IEEE’s roots go back to 1884 when electricity was just beginning to become a major force in society. There was one major established electrical industry, the telegraph, which—beginning in the 1840s—had come to connect the world with a communications system faster than the speed of transportation. A second major area had only barely gotten underway—electric power and light, originating in Thomas Edison’s inventions and his pioneering Pearl Street Station in New York.
Pages in category "History & heritage"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.
- Archives:Evolution of the IEEE Logo
- List of Presidents of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE 1963-1984
- IEEE 1984 to the Present
- IEEE Alexandria Student Branch History
- Archives:IEEE Franklin Institute, The Second Century Begins
- IEEE History
- IEEE History Center Newsletters
- Archives:IEEE Merger Collection
- Archives:IEEE Organizational Improvement
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: H. Troy Nagle
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: James Thomas Cain
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Kenneth Laker
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Merrill Buckley
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Richard J. Gowen
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Wallace S. Read
- Archives:IEEE SCOOP
- IEEE-USA History
- The IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Archives:Immigration Issues
- List of Presidents of the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE)
- IRE History 1912-1963
- Oral-History:Robert Saunders
- Oral-History:Herman Schwan (1992)
- Oral-History:Herman Schwan (1999)
- Oral-History:Ray Sears
- Motoji Shibusawa
- Martha Sloan
- Oral-History:Joel Snyder
- Archives:Society of Wireless Telegraph Engineers Charter
- Archives:Sparks of Genius: Portraits of Electrical Engineering Excellence
- IEEE Standards Association History
- Ambrose Swasey
- Oral-History:Benjamin R. Teare Jr.
- IEEE Technical Activities Board (TAB)
- Archives:Technological Competitiveness: Contemporary and Historical Perspectives on Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Industries
- Archives:Terman Speech at Annual IEEE Banquet (March 27, 1963)
- Oral-History:Theodore Van Duzer (2014)
- Oral-History:Leonard Thomas Sr.
- Silvanus Thompson
- William Thomson
- Archives:Toward the 21st Century - Your IEEE in 1993
Media in category "History & heritage"
The following 86 files are in this category, out of 86 total.
- 1920s photo past AIEE...
- 1948 IRE Staff 1615.jpg
- 1969 IEEE Past preside...
- AIEE Presidents 0236.jpg
- Brokaw 1122(10).jpg
- Brokaw 1122(13).jpg
- Brokaw 1122(3).jpg
- Brokaw 1122(8).jpg
- Brokaw 1122(9).jpg
- Brokaw mansion mosaic...
- Dillard 1176f.jpg
- Dillard Series 1177a.jpg
- Dillard Series 1177b.jpg
- Dillard Series 1177c.jpg
- Guarrera with Schulke...
- IEEE ITU Plaque 1789.jpg
- IRE 50th 0673.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849b.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849c.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849d.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849e.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849f.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849g.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849i.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849k.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849l.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849m.jpg
- IRE 50th 0849n.jpg
- IRE in ESB 0968.jpg
- Yagi Antenna 1572b.jpg
- Yagi Antenna 1572e.jpg
- Yagi Antenna 1572g.jpg
- Yagi Antenna 1573a.jpg
- Yagi Antenna 1573d.jpg