Engines which produce thrust to drive a vehicle forward including aircraft propulsion and rockets
- Aircraft propulsion - the process of imparting motion to an aircraft by means of a force such as a thrust of air or energy released by burning fuel
- Electromagnetic launching - a form of aircraft propulsion that uses linear motor drives rather than conventional steam pistons to launch carrier-based aircraft from catapults
- Electrothermal launching - a form of aircraft propulsion that uses an external source of energy to heat a fluid or gas, which is then vented out an exhaust nozzle to produce thrust
- Rockets - devices propelled by the ejection of matter, especially by the high velocity ejection of the gaseous combustion products produced by internal ignition of solid or liquid fuels
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Propulsion"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Propulsion"
This category contains only the following file.
- Columbia Climbs Toward Space 2732.jpg 602 × 480; 39 KB