User Profile: k3hz - David Burger.
Currently a corresponding member of the IEEE History Committee 2017, Past Chair of the History Committee for 2014 & 2015. Past member of the IEEE History Committee in 2009, 2010, 2011, Vice Chair 2013, Region 8/9/10 IEEE Milestones Coordinator in 2010/2011, and Milestones Chair in 2016.
I am part of the joint 2017 Histelcon Conference organising Committee, University of Hyogo, Kobe Campus for Information Science 7-1-28, Minatojima-minamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, Japan.
Representing the 2011 IEEE HC Chair, presented the NHK Public Satellite Broadcasting Milestone in Tokyo on 18 October 2011.
Certifications & Interests:
- IEEE Member since 1976, Senior Member since 1997.
- Fellow grade membership of Engineers Australia since 2007.
- CPEng accrediation in both Electrical and ITEE, with RPEQ.
- National Engineering Register, Australia.
- Engineers Australia, Corresponding member ITEE Board since 2005.
- Ham radio licenced; in USA (K3), Australia(VK2/VK8), Chatham Islands (ZL7) and Christmas Island (VK9X).
- Past president of the Darwin Amateur Radio Club (VK8DA) and Manly Warringah Radio Society (VK2MB).
- Past member of the PMI, Ballarat Amateur Radio Group, Darwin Surf Club and Pittwater Sailing Club.
- An active interest in the IEEE Milestone program, www.ethw.org content, heritage restoration and retro electronics.
Past project delivery highlights include:
- 1080 Digital CCTV system with IP Help Points with Android customer information displays across 43 train stations, 3 regional call centers and core data center.
- Qantas Domestic Terminal (Stage 5a Gate 15) - Sydney
- The Westin Hotel - Sydney
- Fox Studios, working studios and retail precinct - Moore Park
- Full sound system upgrade at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music (The University of Sydney)
- Telstra AMPS analog mobile telephone system, MSC model, and first North Sydney Base Station (Ericsson)
- SAP ERP Implementation PM at Ausgrid -> http://sapawardsofexcellence.com/index.php/awards/winners2011
- ACMA and FCC RF Radio Frequency Safety, safe working distance Compliance calculator (available on GHN).
- Warwick Farm 2x10MVA DC Traction Substation and Newtown 2x10MVA DC Traction Substation delivery.(RailCorp)
- Edgewater and East Perth 4x18MVA 25KV Traction Substation upgrade delivery (Alstom Grid Service).
- Two Business Cases, including economic evaluations, financial models, project management plans, board representations that achieved funding for substation upgrades in North Eveleigh and at Central Station (Sydney).
- Moore Park Equestrian Centre, design delivery for wastewater management, heritage structural reinforcement - Sydney
- Multiple Australian Defence projects in Darwin at Larrakeyah, HMAS Coonawarra, RAAF Base Tindal, RAAF Base Darwin.(CDM)
- Major data centres, Macquarie Bank(Sydney), University of Sydney, National Australia Bank (East Melbourne), Wyong Shire Council, CSIRO Credit Union (South Melbourne).
My contact details are: firstname.lastname@example.org