Includes types (indoor, land mobile, etc.) and aspects (frequency, spectrum management, etc.).
For a general history of radio, see the Radio article.
- Indoor radio communication - devices that communicate through radio inside a single structure
- Land mobile radio - or LMRS, a wireless communications system designed for use by users in motion, either in vehicles or on foot
- Packet radio networks - a wireless network that uses packet switching to communicate through radios
- Personal area networks - or PAN, a computer network used for communication among computing devices, such as phones or handheld devices, surrounding a person or workspace
- Radio broadcasting - the one-way wireless transmission over radio waves intended to reach a wide audience
- Radio frequency - or RF, a rate of oscillation in the range of 3 kHz to 300 GHz
- Radio link - a consistent connection between two nodes that allows communication using radio waves
- Radio network - either broadcast radio networks used to allow one point to connect to many points using radio waves, or a two-way radio network, where numerous transceivers can both receiver and transmit information
- Radio spectrum management - the process of regulating the use of radio frequencies to promote efficient use
- Satellite communication - the use of artificial satellites in space to receive and transmit information
- Satellite ground stations - or earth station, a terrestial terminal station designed for telecommunication with satellites
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category ‘Radio communication’
The following 244 pages are in this category, out of 244 total.
Media in category ‘Radio communication’
The following 41 files are in this category, out of 41 total.
- Goldsmith WRC 0413.jpg
- Lifeboat Radio 1157.jpg
- Man radio tubes0063.jpg
- National Electric Sign...
- Radio Operator 0062.jpg
- Radio Pulse Projector...
- Radiola Ad 0153.jpg
- RCA Radiogram 1182.jpg
- Wheeler Radio0076.jpg
- WOR Studio 1189.jpg
- WOR Studio 1193.jpg