Topics and devices which are capable of generating power such as nuclear power generation, solar power generation and hydroelectric power generation
- Distributed power generation - decentralized or multi-source power generation
- Generators - a machine that converts mechanical energy into electricity
- Hydroelectric power generation - electricity generated from the movement of water
- Magnetohydrodynamic power generation - or MHD generation, the generation of thermal or kinetic energy directly into electricity at high temperatures without moving parts
- Nuclear power generation - the use of sustained nuclear fission to generate heat and electricity
- Power distribution - the transmission and distribution of electrical power
- Power generation planning - the planning of the need, type, and location of power generators
- Solar power generation - the generation of electricity from the light of the sun
- Turbomachinery - machines that transfer energy between a rotor and a fluid that includes both turbines and compressors
- Wind energy generation - the generation of energy from the movement of wind
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Power generation"
The following 134 pages are in this category, out of 134 total.
- Edward P. Eardley
- Thomas Alva Edison
- Milestones:Thomas Alva Edison Historic Site at Menlo Park, 1876
- Milestones:Eel River High Voltage Direct Current Converter Station, 1972
- Early Applications of Electric Power
- First-Hand:Electrical Power Conversion
- First-Hand:Electrical power conversion
- William Emmet
- Archives:Papers of Antonio Pacinotti
- Oral-History:Aage Pedersen
- Karen S. Pedersen
- Pelton Wheel
- Oral-History:Arno Penzias
- Milestones:Commercialization and Industrialization of Photovoltaic Cells, 1959
- Milestones:Pinawa Hydroelectric Power Project, 1906
- Gaston Planté
- Franklin Pope
- Palmer Putnam's 1.5 MW Wind Turbine
- Marion A. Savage
- Anna Scaglione
- Oral-History:Harold Scherer
- Edmund Schweitzer
- Charles F. Scott
- Walter G. Scott
- Shippingport Nuclear Power Plant
- Milestones:Shoshone Transmission Line, 1909
- Harold Smith
- Philip Sporn
- William Stanley
- Milestones:Star of Laufenburg Interconnection, 1958
- Lewis B. Stillwell
- Straphanger History: Lewis B. Stillwell's Power to Move People
- Norman Wilson Storer
Media in category "Power generation"
The following 95 files are in this category, out of 95 total.
- 1111-pearl street stat...
- 1225-commonwealth edis...
- 2163-generator at colu...
- 253-indian point contr...
- Arc Lighting Dynamo 02...
- Burlington NJ Dynamos...
- Central Station Dover...
- Detroit Dynamos 1317.jpg
- Drawing Niagra 0171.jpg
- Dynamos New Brunswick...
- Dynamos New Brunswick...
- Edison Dynamo 0208.jpg
- Kentucky Dam 1380.jpg
- Norris Dam 1379.jpg
- Norris Dam Substation...
- NYC map with Pearl St...
- Pitt reduction Co Niag...
- Steam Engine Brockton...
- Steam Engine Shamokin...
- Topeka Boilers 1302.jpg
- Topeka Central 1301.jpg
- Washington DC Dynamos...