Mathematics such as calculus, algebra, and numerical analysis are all essential components of engineering
- Algebra - the branch of mathematics concerning the study of the rules of operations and relations
- Algorithms - the expression of a method as a list of well-defined instructions for calculating a function
- Calculus - the branch of mathematics dealing with the calculation of "infinitesimals" and discrete quantities
- Equations - a mathematical statement asserting the equality of two expressions
- Numerical analysis - the study of algorithms that use numerical approximations, as distinguished from discrete mathematics
- Optimization & minimization - the mathematical pursuit of the simplest and clearest solution
- Probability - the likelihood of an event
- Set theory - the branch of mathematics that studies sets, or collections of objects
- Statistics - the study of the collection, organization and interpretation of data
- Topology - the branch of mathematics that deals with properties that are conserved under continuous deformations of objects
- Transforms - a process which transforms one function into another
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Mathematics"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
Media in category "Mathematics"
This category contains only the following file.
- Ada Lovelace.jpg