Hardware and software used for different types of communication.
- Auditory displays - the use of sound to communicate information from a computer to a user
- Codecs - short for coder-decoder, a device or program used to encode or decode a digital signal
- Modems - short for modulator-demodulater, a device that modulates an analog carrier signal to carry digital information and demodulates the carrier signal to decode information
- Optical communication equipment - any device which transmits information through the use of light
- Radio communication equipment - any device which transmits information using radio waves
- Receivers - a device which converts a radio signal to a usable form through demodulation and decoding
- Repeaters - an electronic device that receives a signal and retransmits it at a higher level or in another form
- Speech codecs - the application of data compression of digital audio signals containing speech
- TV equipment - any device that transmits, receives, or displays television signals
- Telephone equipment - any device that transmits, receives or voices telephone signals
- Transceivers - a transmitter and receiver which are combined and share common circuitry
- Transmitters - an electronic device that uses an antennas to create and transmit radio waves
- Transponders - short for transmission-responder, either a digital device that receives and transmits a signal on a different frequency, or a device which generates a reply signal upon electronic interrogation
- Video codecs - a device or program which codes and decodes visual information
- Video equipment - any device which transmits, receives, or displays visual signals
- Vocoders - short for voice-encoder, a device which encodes human speech to transmit it electronically and which is then decoded by another device
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
Pages in category "Communication equipment"
The following 101 pages are in this category, out of 101 total.