IEEE Dallas Section History
History of the Dallas Section of the IEEE
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers was officially organized in 1963 through teh merger of two prior preofessional organizations: The American Institute of Electrical Engineers (AIEE) and the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE). A lot of effort was expended by many individuals in forming the IEEE. A committee was established to develop teh planned merger of teh two organizations. Dr. Lyod Berkner, president of the AIEE, and past national president of the IRE; and Mr. Patrick E. Haggerty, president of the IRE at the time of the merger and first president of the IEEE, were instrumental in bringing about the merger of the organization. A Dallas branch of the AIEE had existed prior to the merger since 1956.
Past Chairmen of the Dallas Branch of teh AIEE are listed below:
A Dallas Section of the IRE had existed prior to the merger since 1941. Officers of teh Dallas-Ft. Worth Section fo teh IRE 1941-1963 are listed below: