Difference between revisions of "ETHW:Subject browse"
Revision as of 17:02, 20 April 2012
- Automation - The use of information technologies and control systems to reduce the need for human labor in the production of goods and services, including robots and artificial intelligence.
- Bioengineering - The link between engineering and life sciences, bioengineering concerns problems in living organisms which can be solved by engineering methods.
- Business, management & industry - Business, management and industry covers the non-technical workplace elements of electrical engineering field. While these are not areas limited to electrical engineering, the field has been intrinsically linked to business and management strategies since its beginnings.
- Communications - Communications refers to the use of signals to transfer voice, data, image, and/or video information between locations, the main applications of which are in communications science, engineering, and technology.
- Components, circuits, devices & systems - Components, circuits, devices & systems is a broad category that attempts to bring together the inner workings of electronics; articles dealing with the "nuts and bolts" of the technology fall under this banner.
- Computers and information processing - Computers encompass devices which are capable of performing some kind of mechanical calculation. These range from modern personal computers, to calculating machines like the abacus.
- Culture and society - Topics included in this category deal with the impact technology has on society at large.
- Engineered materials & dielectrics - Material science, conductivity, and various related engineered materials and concepts such as superconductivity.
- Engineering profession - Categories which encompass non-technical matters related to engineering profession at large.
- Environment, geoscience & remote sensing - Remote sensing, and topics related to the environment, its exploration and behavior at large, including geoscience and oceanic engineering.
- Fields, waves & electromagnetics
- General topics for engineers
- Lasers, lighting & electrooptics
- Nuclear and plasma sciences
- People and organizations
- Power, energy & industry application