Category:Health and safety
Health and safety is one of the oldest engineering concerns. Sanitation engineering and public health drastically improved the quality of life amongst ancient peoples, through the construction of aqueducts and sewage drainage systems. Working with machinery can greatly simplify certain tasks, but also leaves room for dangerous workplace accidents. With the Industrial Revolution, machinery became much larger and more complex, and the need for safety became a much more prominent concern. Topics in this category deal with the concern for human safety in and out the workplace and the general well-being and healthiness of the population.
- Accident prevention - the study of the prevention of industrial accidents
- Aerospace safety - the safety and security of aerospace equipment and operators
- Agricultural engineering & food - Engineering methods which enhance food production
- Disasters & accidents - Both natural disasters in addition to meltdowns and explosions can severely impact society and have consequences for engineering
- Domestic safety - the study of the safety of the home and family
- Gas and dust control - The minimization of harmful airborne particles
- Hazards - threats to health and safety
- Health - Non-technical health topics such as exercise, longevity and nutrition
- Heat, humidity and air conditioning - The management and control of temperature and relative humidity
- Laboratory safety - Methods which encourage safe practices in laboratory settings
- Loss prevention - Attempts to prevent losses
- Medical conditions - Topics dealing with medical conditions and ailments such as arthritis, cancer and epilepsy
- Medical services - Practical medical services such as X-rays, prosthetics and sensory aids
- Medical treatment - Treatments encountered in a medical setting such as cardiology, surgery, and noninvasive treatment
- Mine safety - Safety practices in mine settings
- Noise hazards - Topics which deal with sounds that reach dangerous levels
- Occupational health - The identification and prevention of workplace dangers
- Pharmaceutical engineering - The design and engineering of pharmaceutical drugs
- Process safety - The prevention of fires, explosives or otherwise dangerous materials in a facilities setting
- Product safety - the safety of produced products
- Risk assessment - The process of evaluating potential dangers
- Safety devices - devices that protect human health and well-being or the stability of mechanical or electronic systems
- Security - Measures to ensure the safety of various places, peoples and things
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
Pages in category "Health and safety"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.