Topics dealing with networking, such as IP networks, multicasting and WAN.
- Ad hoc networks - networks in which each node participates in routing data by sending it to other nodes
- Computer network management- the management of computer hardware and software to ensure network reliability and performance
- Extranets - a computer network that allows controlled access from outside to some service partners without complete opening of an intranet
- IP networks - a network that relies on the standard Internet Protocol
- Intranets - a computer network that uses internet protocol technology to securely share information inside an organization
- Intserv networks - or integrated services networks, where an architecture attempts to guarantee quality of service on the network
- Multicasting - the delivery of a message to a group of destination computers simultaneously in a single transmission
- Multiprocessor interconnection networks - a network that connects microprocessors to allow them to work in tandem
- Network servers - computers or computer applications that perform tasks requested by "client" computers across a network
- Next generation networking - or NGN, where one network transmits all information (such as voice and video) by converting them into packets similar to those used on the internet
- Storage area networks - or SAN, a dedicated network that offers access to block level data storage
- Virtual private networks - or VPN, a network that uses primarily public telecommunications infrastructure to provide remote private connections to users
- Wide area networks - or WAN, any telecommunications network that covers a broad area, such as across metropolitan boundaries
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Computer networks"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
Media in category "Computer networks"
This category contains only the following file.
- Computer Networks Oak...