IEEE Macau Section History
Are you a member of this section? Please help expand the article by using the edit tab....
The Macua section is located in Region 10, and is not represented by any Council. The Official Inauguration of the IEEE Macau Section was held on February 17, 2004. The event was hosted by Arthur Winston, 2004 IEEE President.
The IEEE President 2006 - Prof. Michael Lightner visited the Section, and presneted to members on 11 January, 2006
Macau hosted the 2008 IEEE ASIA PACIFIC CONFERENCE ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS - APCCAS 2008 at the Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel, Macau, 30 November – 3 December, 2008
1994 - IEEE Members less than 10.
2000 - IEEE Members around 100.
2003 - IEEE Members around 150.
University Education and Student Branch
The University Education for Macau was:
- Prior to 1981, Engineering Graduates came from outside Macao, ie, Hong Kong, Portugal, China, Taiwan, USA, UK, and other countries.
- 1981 University of East Asia, (UEA) with a 3-year private English University, but no Engineering Degrees.
- 1989 Creation of the Faculty of Science and Technology,UEA, with 4-year Bachelor’s degree in EEE, Software Eng. and later EME.
- 1991 UEA re-named as University of Macau (UM) as a Public University.
- 1993 First Batch of Graduates in EEE.
- 1994 First Batch of Graduates in Software Engineering, Beginning of the 1990’s.
- 1996 Starting of Ph.D. Programs in EEE and Software Engineering at UM.
- 2004 Student Branch established at UM, at the same time as as the Section formation.
|2004||Founding Chair - Rui Martins|
|2007||Chi Tin Hon|