The use of devices for voice communication, for example, cellular and digital telephone systems.
See the Telephone article for a history of the telephone.
- Cellular telephone systems
- Centrex telephone systems
- Digital telephone systems
- Telephone switching systems
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Telephony"
The following 140 pages are in this category, out of 140 total.
- Oral-History:James Thomas Cain
- George Campbell
- John J. Carty
- Archives:Papers of John Joseph Carty
- Cell Phone Antenna Links
- Cell Phones
- The Foundations of Mobile and Cellular Telephony
- Oral-History:Robert Chapuis
- Oral-History:Jacques Clade
- Communication Technologies and Liberation Movements
- Martin Cooper
- Frank A. Cowan
- Donald C. Cox
- Oral-History:C. Chapin Cutler
- George M. Cutter
- Milestones:First Distant Speech Transmission in Canada, 1876
- First-Hand:Philips Telephone Exchanges and Denmark 1980-1990
- Oral-History:Steward Flaschen
- Oral-History:Virgilio Floriani
- Oral-History:G. David Forney
- G. David Forney, Jr.
- Frank Fuller Fowle
- Archives:The Centre National d'Etude des Telecommunications and the Competitiveness of French Telephone Industry, 1945-1980
- Richard H. Frenkiel
- Archives:Papers of Franklin L. Pope
- Alfred Stanley Peters
- First-Hand:Philips Telephone Exchanges and Denmark 1970-1980
- First-Hand:Philips Telephone Exchanges and Denmark 1990 - 1997
- First-Hand:Philips Telephone Exchanges and Denmark before 1960
- First-Hand:Philips Telephone Exchanges and Denmark, 1960-1970
- Oral-History:Raymond Pickholtz
- Franklin Pope
- Valdemar Poulsen
- Sir William Preece
- Oral-History:Walter Proebster
- Public Telephones
- Michael Pupin
- Education:Telecommunication, the Civil War and War of 21st Century
- Archives:The Strategy of System-Building Telecommunications and the American South, 1885-1920
- Telephone Dials
- Telephone Operators
- Telephone switching
- Telephone Transmission
- Telephony over Power Lines (Early History)
- Archives:Threshhold Extension Demodulators for Multichannel Telephone
- Milestones:The First Submarine Transatlantic Telephone Cable System (TAT-1), 1956
- Transcontinental Telephone Service
Media in category "Telephony"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.