A system of telecommunication for the transmission of graphic symbols, usually letter of numerals, by the use of a signal code. Types include electrical, radio, and wireless.
For a history on the telegraph, see the Telegraph article.
- Electrical telegraphy - the long-distance transmission of messages or information via electrical signals, usually over telecommunications lines or radio
- Image telegraphy - the use of telegraphic signals to send scanned images, such as in a fax machine
- Morse telegraphs - the telegraphs created by Samuel Morse beginning in the 1830s, which were the first to allow electrical transmission of information over long distances
- Optical telegraphy - a system of conveying information by visual signals, usually using towers with flags or shutters
- Radio telegraphy - also known as wireless telegraphy, telegraphic signaling without wires connecting the end points of communication
- Semaphore telegraphs - a kind of optical telegraphy in which information is communicated through towers with moving moving arms whose position expresses symbols, today can also refer to flag semaphore systems
- Submarine telegraphy
- Telegraph applications
- Telegraph transmission speed
- Telegraph transmission technology
- Wireless telegraphy
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Telegraphy"
The following 107 pages are in this category, out of 107 total.
- Francesc Salvà i Campillo
- Pavel Schilling
- The Sea and Early Electrical Technology
- Georg Seibt
- Milestones:Shilling's Pioneering Contribution to Practical Telegraphy, 1828-1837
- Archives:Papers of E.W. Von Siemens
- Werner von Siemens
- Samuel Thomas von Sömmerring
- Spark Transmitter
- Stock Ticker
- Oral-History:Ellery W. Stone
- John Stone Stone
- Education:Telecommunication, the Civil War and War of 21st Century
- Archives:The Strategy of System-Building Telecommunications and the American South, 1885-1920
- Did the Telegraph Broaden Women's Sphere?
- Quadruplex Telegraph
- Milestones:Demonstration of Practical Telegraphy, 1838
- Long Distance Telegraphy
- William Thomson
- Milestones:County Kerry Transatlantic Cable Stations, 1866
- Transatlantic Cable
- Transcontinental Telegraph Line (U.S.)
- Milestones:Transcontinental Telegraph, 1861
- Transcontinental Telephone Service
Media in category "Telegraphy"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.