Difference between revisions of "Category:Telegraphy"
m (New page: IEEE GHN Category Category:Communications)
|(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 18:16, 26 September 2011
A system of telecommunication for the transmission of graphic symbols, usually letter of numerals, by the use of a signal code. Types include electrical, radio, and wireless.
For a history on the telegraph, see the Telegraph article.
- Electrical telegraphy - the long-distance transmission of messages or information via electrical signals, usually over telecommunications lines or radio
- Image telegraphy - the use of telegraphic signals to send scanned images, such as in a fax machine
- Morse telegraphs - the telegraphs created by Samuel Morse beginning in the 1830s, which were the first to allow electrical transmission of information over long distances
- Optical telegraphy - a system of conveying information by visual signals, usually using towers with flags or shutters
- Radio telegraphy - also known as wireless telegraphy, telegraphic signaling without wires connecting the end points of communication
- Semaphore telegraphs - a kind of optical telegraphy in which information is communicated through towers with moving moving arms whose position expresses symbols, today can also refer to flag semaphore systems
- Submarine telegraphy - telegraphy through the means of a cable laid on a sea bed
- Telegraph applications - the myriad potential uses of a telegraph system
- Telegraph transmission speed - also known as a "baud" after Emile Baudot, pulses or symbols per second
- Telegraph transmission technology - the devices and techniques used to transmit telegraph signals, such as coaxial cables
- Wireless telegraphy - an older name for radio telegraphy
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Telegraphy"
The following 107 pages are in this category, out of 107 total.
- Francesc Salvà i Campillo
- Pavel Schilling
- The Sea and Early Electrical Technology
- Georg Seibt
- Milestones:Shilling's Pioneering Contribution to Practical Telegraphy, 1828-1837
- Archives:Papers of E.W. Von Siemens
- Werner von Siemens
- Samuel Thomas von Sömmerring
- Spark Transmitter
- Stock Ticker
- Oral-History:Ellery W. Stone
- John Stone Stone
- Education:Telecommunication, the Civil War and War of 21st Century
- Archives:The Strategy of System-Building Telecommunications and the American South, 1885-1920
- Did the Telegraph Broaden Women's Sphere?
- Quadruplex Telegraph
- Milestones:Demonstration of Practical Telegraphy, 1838
- Long Distance Telegraphy
- William Thomson
- Milestones:County Kerry Transatlantic Cable Stations, 1866
- Transatlantic Cable
- Transcontinental Telegraph Line (U.S.)
- Milestones:Transcontinental Telegraph, 1861
- Transcontinental Telephone Service
Media in category "Telegraphy"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.