The use of electronics for conversion of electric power. See also IEEE Power Electronics Society History
- Converters - either a frequency or voltage converter which transforms an electrical input into a different output
- Current limiters - the practice in electrical circuits of imposing an upper limit on the current that may be delivered to a load to protect the circuit
- Inverters - an electrical device that converts direct current to alternating current
- Phase control - or phase cutting, a method of pulse width modulation for power limiting
- Power conditioning - or a line conditioner, a device intended to improve the quality of the power that is delivered to electrical load equipment
- Power semiconductor devices - devices that are used as switches or rectifiers in power circuits
- Power semiconductor switches - a type of power semiconductor device hat exists in either on or off mode
- Snubbers - a device used to suppress voltage transients in electrical systems
- Three-phase electric power - three phase alternating current that is the most common method used by grids to transfer power
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Power electronics"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
Media in category "Power electronics"
This category contains only the following file.
- 1830 - William McMurra...