The science and study of creating and manipulating objects on an atomic scale
For a history of nanotechnology, see the main Nanotechnology article.
- Bionanotechnology - also called nanobiotechnology or nanobiology, terms which all describe the intersection of nanotechnology and biology
- Molecular computing - computing which uses molecules to carry information instead of silicon-based technologies, usually biologically derived molecules like DNA
- Molecular electronics - also called moletronics, the study and application of molecular building blocks for the fabrication of electronic components
- Nanobioscience - the application of nanoscale scientific concepts to the study of biological structures and systems
- Nanoelectronics - the use of nanotechnology on electronic components, most often transistors
- Nanofabrication - the design and manufacturing of devices with dimensions measured in nanometers
- Nanofluidics - the study of fluids that are confined to the scale of nanometers
- Nanopatterning - the inherent structures of particles at a nanometer level that can be used to create self-assembling nanostructures
- Nanoscale devices - devices whose size can be measured in nanometers
- Nanostructured materials - materials whose structure is assembled at the level of nanometers
- Nanostructures - an object of intermediate size between molecular and microscopic
- Self-assembly - where a disorganized system with pre-existing components forms an organized structure as a result of specific, local interactions of the components
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Nanotechnology"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.