Revision as of 21:56, 13 January 2012 by Jglock
Various types of magnetic devices including accelerator magnets, magnetic cores and solenoids
- Accelerator magnets - an electromagnet that can accelerate atoms, usually a superconductor, such as in a particle accelerator
- Ferrite devices - a device which makes use of ferrimagnetism and its high electrical conductivity
- Magnetic cores - a piece of magnetic material with high permeability used to confine and guide magnetic fields
- Magnetic heads - an electromagnet that converts electrical variations into magnetic variations that can be stored and retrieved
- Magnetic modulators - a pulse modulator that uses a switch made from a nonlinear inductance coil
- Magnetooptic devices - also called gyrotropic devices, a device which an electromagnetic wave propagates through a medium which has been altered by a magnetic field
- Magnetostrictive devices - a device using a ferromagnetic material that changes shape or dimension during magnetization
- Solenoids - a coil wound into a tight helix, often wrapped around a metal core, which produces a magnetic field when electric current passes through it
- Transformer cores - the core of a transformer which holds a magnetic flux created from the varying current in one wiring coil and transfers it to another
Pages in category "Magnetic devices"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.