The IEEE Governance Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors. The Committee assists the Board of Directors on governance matters related to the effectiveness and efficiency of IEEE. Such matters shall include, but are not limited to, the review of proposed amendments to IEEE’s governing documents to assure clarity, consistency, and legal compliance; leadership training and orientation for new Board members; and providing guidance on organizational structure.
- Boards - IEEE is governed by six major boards.
- Bylaws - The IEEE's Bylaws detail the purposes of governing the operations and administration of the IEEE.
- Committees - Sixteen standing committees govern all the major activities of the Institute.
- Constitution - The IEEE Constitution defines the Institute's mission and the scope of its operations.
- Facilities - IEEE has numerous international operational facilities.
- Mission and vision - IEEE's core purpose is to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
- Nominations, elections & appointments - The IEEE Nominations and Appointments (N&A) Committee is responsible for making recommendations of the most qualified individuals, willing to serve, for various positions on the IEEE Board of Directors and its Standing Committees.
- Organizational charts - Charts which map the organizational structure of the Institute.
- Policies & procedures - Various policies which dictate the day to day operations of the Institute.
- Staff - IEEE employs hundreds of staff members world wide.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Governance"
The following 114 pages are in this category, out of 114 total.
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: H. Troy Nagle
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: James Thomas Cain
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Kenneth Laker
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Merrill Buckley
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Richard J. Gowen
- First-Hand:IEEE Past President Memoir: Wallace S. Read
- Archives:IEEE Section Leadership, 1972
- ETHW:IEEE STARS Editorial Board
- IEEE Insurance Committee History
- IEEE Investment Committee History
- Archives:1926 IRE Standards Publication
- Archives:1948 IRE Standards Publication
- Archives:IRE Report of the Committee on Standardization, 1915
- Archives:IRE Yearbooks and Membership Directories