Elements of communications systems, such as protocols, quality of service and routing are covered
- Cross layer design - a communications system design that transports feedback dynamically between layers, as opposed to a strict OSI model
- Data buses - a subsystem that transfers data between components of a computer
- MIMO - Multiple-Input and Multiple Output (pronounced me-moh), the use of multiple antennas at both the transmitter and receiver to improve performance
- Protocols - systems of digital message formats and rules for exchanging those messages
- Quality of service - or QoS, the ability of a communications system to provide priority to different applications or data flows and to guarantee a level of communication for services
- Routing - the process of selecting paths in a network to send network traffic
- Subscriber loops - also called the local loop, the physical link or circuit that connects from a customer's premises to the edge of the telecommunication system's network
- Switching systems - a system that allows the interconnection of various communication lines
- Synchronous digital hierarchy - or SDH, a standardized multiplexing protocol that transfers multiple bit streams over optical fibers, used primarily outside of North America
- Telecommunications - the transformation of information over significant distances
- Videophone systems - a system that combines telephones with video screens for communication
- Videotex - or interactive videotex, a form of end-user information system in the 1970s and 1980s that provided information to a user in pages of text on a television screen
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Communication systems"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
Media in category "Communication systems"
This category contains only the following file.
- Communication Systems...