Difference between revisions of "ETHW:Action Item Follow-ups"

Line 5: Line 5:
 
| '''Deadline'''  
 
| '''Deadline'''  
 
| '''Item Description'''
 
| '''Item Description'''
|-
 
| <br>
 
| <br>
 
| <br>
 
| <br>
 
|-
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| 03-2012-05
 
| Feisel/Engelson/ Schwartz/Michelson/ Geselowitz/Vardalas
 
| DONE
 
| Complete distance learning market survey
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 03-2012-07  
 
| 03-2012-07  
 
| Johnston/Colburn  
 
| Johnston/Colburn  
| 03/2013
+
| DONE
 
| Prepare template agreements for pairing Section and other OUs that wish to sponsor Milestones
 
| Prepare template agreements for pairing Section and other OUs that wish to sponsor Milestones
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 03-2012-09  
 
| 03-2012-09  
 
| Michelson//Coopersmith/Schwartz/Pugh/ Geselowitz/Colburn  
 
| Michelson//Coopersmith/Schwartz/Pugh/ Geselowitz/Colburn  
| 03/2013  
+
| 10/2013  
 
|  
 
|  
 
Explore possibility of IEEE on-line open-access history journal, possibly in cooperation with IEEE Communications Society (as the core of a potential Technical Council or Multi-Society Technical Group)  
 
Explore possibility of IEEE on-line open-access history journal, possibly in cooperation with IEEE Communications Society (as the core of a potential Technical Council or Multi-Society Technical Group)  
  
<br>
 
  
|-
+
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-04
 
| Feisel/Colburn
 
| DONE
 
| Submit Holography and Rincon del Bonete Milestones to IEEE Board for approval at November meeting
 
|-
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
|
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-06  
 
| 09-2012-06  
 
| Hochheiser  
 
| Hochheiser  
| 03/2103  
+
| 10/2103  
| Staff to arrange oral history interview of Bruce Barrow with Martin Bastiaans present
+
| Staff to arrange oral history interview of Bruce Barrow with Martin Bastiaans present (update 3/2013--Martin unable to come to US, so will be done by Staff alone)
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-07  
 
| 09-2012-07  
 
| Brewer  
 
| Brewer  
| 03/2013  
+
| 10/2013  
| Staff to explore ways to organize and post Bastiaans' book on history of Region 8
+
| Staff to explore ways to organize and post Bastiaans' book on history of Region 8, when book is complete
|-
 
| 09-2012-08
 
| Colburn
 
| DONE
 
| Staff to create list of dedicated Milestones sorted by IEEE Regions on the Global History Network
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-09  
 
| 09-2012-09  
 
| Geselowitz  
 
| Geselowitz  
| 03/2013
+
| DONE
 
| Staff to evaluate cost and resource commitments of producing regional histories upon commission<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>
 
| Staff to evaluate cost and resource commitments of producing regional histories upon commission<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-10  
 
| 09-2012-10  
 
| History Center Staff  
 
| History Center Staff  
| DONE
+
| DONE  
 
| Staff to evaluate opportunities to use social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to promote IEEE historical activities
 
| Staff to evaluate opportunities to use social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to promote IEEE historical activities
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-11  
 
| 09-2012-11  
 
| Geselowitz/Colburn  
 
| Geselowitz/Colburn  
| DONE
+
| DONE  
 
| Staff to evaluate cost/visibility benefits to holding HistComm meetings in conjunction with BoD meeting series.
 
| Staff to evaluate cost/visibility benefits to holding HistComm meetings in conjunction with BoD meeting series.
|-
 
| 09-2012-12
 
| Geselowitz
 
| DONE
 
| Arrange for transfer of funds to History Center from IEEE Foundation History Fund, as approved by Committee
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-13
 
| All History Committee members
 
| 12/2012
 
| Committee to think about what kind of conference the History Committee should sponsor or cosponsor in 2014, perhaps in conjunction with society conferences or&nbsp;with HISTELCON 2014 and email thoughts to Chair
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-14
 
| All History Committee members
 
| 12/2012
 
| Committee to think about potential implications for relocating History Center and email thoughts to Chair
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 09-2012-15  
 
| 09-2012-15  
 
| Feisel/Geselowitz/ Vardalas  
 
| Feisel/Geselowitz/ Vardalas  
| 12/2012
+
| 10/2013
 
| Act on results of distance learning market survey
 
| Act on results of distance learning market survey
 
|-
 
|-
| 09-2012-16
+
| 03-2013-01
 
| Feisel/Geselowitz/Colburn  
 
| Feisel/Geselowitz/Colburn  
 
| DONE  
 
| DONE  
| Plan Committee meeting for March 2013 at Newark Airport Marriott
+
| Plan Committee meeting for October 2013 in Portland, ME, in conjunction with SHOT<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>
 
|}
 
|}

Revision as of 20:09, 15 March 2013

Code To whom assigned Deadline Item Description
03-2012-07 Johnston/Colburn DONE Prepare template agreements for pairing Section and other OUs that wish to sponsor Milestones
03-2012-09 Michelson//Coopersmith/Schwartz/Pugh/ Geselowitz/Colburn 10/2013

Explore possibility of IEEE on-line open-access history journal, possibly in cooperation with IEEE Communications Society (as the core of a potential Technical Council or Multi-Society Technical Group)


09-2012-06 Hochheiser 10/2103 Staff to arrange oral history interview of Bruce Barrow with Martin Bastiaans present (update 3/2013--Martin unable to come to US, so will be done by Staff alone)
09-2012-07 Brewer 10/2013 Staff to explore ways to organize and post Bastiaans' book on history of Region 8, when book is complete
09-2012-09 Geselowitz DONE Staff to evaluate cost and resource commitments of producing regional histories upon commission
09-2012-10 History Center Staff DONE Staff to evaluate opportunities to use social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to promote IEEE historical activities
09-2012-11 Geselowitz/Colburn DONE Staff to evaluate cost/visibility benefits to holding HistComm meetings in conjunction with BoD meeting series.
09-2012-15 Feisel/Geselowitz/ Vardalas 10/2013 Act on results of distance learning market survey
03-2013-01 Feisel/Geselowitz/Colburn DONE Plan Committee meeting for October 2013 in Portland, ME, in conjunction with SHOT