Kimball Williams retired as the Senior Manager and Technical Fellow with Denso Americas in Southfield, MI, USA where he was is the technical lead for the EMC test laboratory. He holds a BSEE degree from Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, MI.
His professional experience includes the following: Principal EMC Engineer for Eaton Corporation R&D for 26 years, Principal Designated Engineer for Underwriters Laboratories for 3 years, Senior Manager Denso EMC Laboratory: December 2004 to February 2013.
- Region 4 Technical Policy Coordinator (2012 – Present)
- Past Secretary-South Eastern MI Chapter of the IEEE EMC-S (1996 – 2012)
- Past Secretary (2009), Vice Chair (2010) & Chair (2012)-Southeastern Michigan IEEE Section
- Student Branch Mentor for Lawrence Technological University (2010 - Present)
- IEEE EMC Society:
- Member Education Committee (1991 – 1995)
- Chair Education Committee (1993 – 1995)
- Chair Technical Activities Committee (1996 – 1997)
- Chair Technical Committee 1 – EMC Management (1998 – 1999)
- Secretary Technical Committee 1 – EMC Management (2000 – 2013)
- Board of Directors (2002 - 2011)
- Vice-President Technical Activities (1999 – 2002)
- Society President Elect (2003)
- Society President (2004 – 2005)
- Past Member-IEEE EMC Society Standards Committee, (2000 – 2013)
- Past EMC-S Representative to-IEEE TMC Board of Governors, (2010 – 2012)
- IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology BOG Representative for Division IV (2011 – Present)
- IEEE Women in Engineering – Secretary SEM Affinity Group (2012)
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society Life Member
- IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society Life Member – Past member Workshop Organization (2011)
- IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society
- IEEE Standards Association
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- Volunteer coordinator IEEE International EMC2007 Symposium in Hawaii
- Chair-IEEE International EMC2008 Symposium in Detroit
- interNational Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers (iNARTE) certified EMC & ESD engineer as well as a certified Master EMC Design Engineer, and a member-Board of Directors for iNARTE, now part of RAB/QSA. (2000 – 2013)
- Member-SAE EMI and EMR Technical Committees for automotive EMC standards,
US Technical Advisory Groups to CISPR/D, ISO/TC22, (1998 – 2013)
- Holds one patent in electro-technology, is an amateur radio operator (N8FNC), scuba diver and private pilot.
- Honorable discharge USAF.