IEEE Malaysia Section History
|IEEE Malaysia Section History|
| List of Subsections in this Section
Are you a member of this section? Please help expand the article by using the edit tab....
Link to Section Homepage -> http://www.ieeemalaysia.org/
The Malaysia section is part of Region 10, and was formed on 28 July 1985.
There are five student branches under the section as follows:
- UTM Skudai Student Branch (since 1999) - Prof. Dr. Abdul Halim Mohd Yatim as the student councillor.
- UiTM (since 2000) Student Branch – Dr Titik Khawa Abdul Rahman was the student councillor since 2003 until October 2005 and taken over by Dr Zuhaina Zakaria.
- UPM Student Branch (since 2001) with Mr. Mohd Amran Mohd Radzi as the student councillor.
- UKM Student Branch (since 2001) - Dr Edmond Zahedi as the student councillor.
- UTP Student Branch (since 2005) – Ms Nassim as the student councillor.
Malaysia Section has pursued recognition of IEEE activities from the Board of Engineers Malaysia so that the activities organized by IEEE Malaysia will be considered as part of the CPD (Continuous Professional Development) program for Professional Engineers (PEng) in Malaysia.