IEEE Kuwait Section History
|IEEE Kuwait Section History|
| List of Subsections in this Section
Are you a member of this section? Please help expand the article by using the edit tab....
Link to Section Homepage
The IEEE Kuwait Section is located in Region 8. The Section was formed on 20th of Feb. 1990
The IEEE Kuwait Section and Kuwait Engineering Society signed an Agreement to collaborate in Technical Fields and IEEE Kuwait Section to be under the umbrella of Kuwait Engineering Society.
The first Board Members in the IEEE Kuwait Section are as follows:
- Eng. Abdul Rahman K. Al-Ghunaim
- Dr. Malik Ghuloum
- Dr. Hussain Alahmad
- Dr. Yazan Aljalili
Board Meeting started from the beginning of year 1989 until the official formation of the Section on the 20th of February 1990.
The IEEE Kuwait Section shall celebrate the 25th Anniversary on 20th of February 2015 in Kuwait City with a social event.
2014 - 2016:
- Chair: Eng.Abdul Rahman k. Al-Ghunaim
- Vice Chair: Dr. Adel Al-Zerai
- Treasurer: Eng. Fadhel Abulhasan
- Secretary: Eng. Fadhel Abulhasan & MD Officer
- Eng. Ahmad Al-Mershed, Private Sector Relation Officer
- Dr. Abdulla Al-Qalaaf, Student Activities Officer
- Eng. Bashayer Al-AWWAD , WIE ( Women in Engineering Affinity Group Chair).
- Dr. Feda Al-Shahwan, MD Officer ( PAAET ).
- Eng. Khuloud Al-Hendi, MD Officer ( PAAET ).
- Eng. Hanan Al-Awadhi, Industrial Relation Officer.
- Eng. Jarrah Al-Humaidan
2009-2010 Chair: Abdul Rahman K. Al-Ghunaim, Vice Chair: Mansour Jaragh, Secretary: Adel Al-Zerai, Treasurer: Mansour Jaragh
2008 Chair: Fadhel Abulhasan
345 members at as of June 2014
IEEE 125th Anniversary activities:
Kuwait section in association with the other Arabian Gulf sections, namely, Saudi Arabia East, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Qatar held the IEEE-GCC 5th conference in Kuwait during the period 16-19 of March, 2009. The attendance was more than 750 participants from around 27 countries.
Affinity Groups and Chapters
IEEE Women in Engineering, is centred around Kuwait University
IEEE Young Professionals affinity group was established in February 2014.