IEEE Hungary Section History
|IEEE Hungary Section History|
| List of Subsections in this Section
Establishment of Section
IEEE Hungarian Section was funded in 1987. Academician T. Vámos was its first chairman.
By the help of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences the problem of the membership fee’s payment caused by the non convertibility of the domestic currency could be resolved.
In 1993 chairman T. Roska opened the local office of IEEE int he presence of Region 8 Director Charles Turner. Until the closure of the office due to the high rent, it served the local members with a wide choice of information material.
In the 1990-s MOU-s were signed with the Hungarian sister societies on the cooperation and reduction of membership fees. The list of the sister societies included: John von Neumann Computer Society (NJSZT), Hungarian Electrotechnical Association (MEE), Scientific Society for Measurement, Automation and Informatics (MATE) and Scientific Association for Infocommunication Hungary (MATE).
In the 1990-s under the chairmanship of I. Fodor the legal status of the Hungarian Section was settled and the Society of Electrical Engineers Hungary/ IEEE HS was registered.
List of chairpersons of HS
|1987-1989||T. Vámos||T. Roska||-||-|
|1990-1991||G. Bán||T. Roska||J. Bitó||-|
|1991-1993||T. Roska||L. P. Timár||L. P. Timár||-|
|1994-1998||P. Arató||J. Bitó||G. Péceli||I. Rudas|
|1998-2000||I. Fodor||G. Péceli||P. Szolgay||G. Zeisler|
|2001-2002||G. Péceli||I. Kerekes||Gy. Román||A. Szakál|
|2003-2004||I. Kerekes||P. Szolgay||I. Krómer||P. Kádár|
|2005-2008||I. Krómer||I. Rudas||P. Kádár||A. Szakál|
|2009||I. Rudas||P. Kádár||I. Vajda||G. Szederkényi|
- Circuits, System & Computers Joint Chapter CAS004 - Kolumbán Géza
- Computational Intelligence CIS011 - Fodor János
- Component Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, joint chapter with Romania CPMT021 - Illyefalvy-Vitéz Zsolt
- Industrial Applications IA034 - Váradiné Dr Szarka Angéla
- Industrial Electronics & Robotics and Automation Joint Chapter IE013+RE024 - Tar József
- Instrumentation and Measurement & Engineering in Medicine and Biology and Joint Chapter IM009+EMB018 - Dr. Dobrowiecki Tadeusz
- Microwave Theory and Techniques/Education/Antennas and Propagation/ComSoc Joint Chapter MTT017+E025+AP003+C016 - Nagy Lajos
- Power Engineering PE031 - Jermendy László
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics SMC028 - Horváth László
Main Event: IEEE president visit in Hungary
IEEE president John Vig visited Hungary with J. Roberto B. de Marca (IEEE Vice President, Technical Activities, 2008). He opened the IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC - April 5-8, 2009 – Budapest, co-organized by HTE). After the opening ceremony of WCNC he visited Budapest Tech. President Vig, Imre Rudas IEEE HS Chair and István Kocsis, president of MATE signed the 3 year contract about the co-operation MATE and IEEE. IEEE has similar agreement with other MTESZ sister associations too as MEE and NJSZT. Before the lunch Peter Kadar introduced the IEEE HS structure, chapters and its activities.
A 6 months newsletter was published in internet for the HS membership. Some news was sent to R8 news too.
New chapter formation
- SAMI 2010, 8th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics January 28-30, 2010, Herl'any, Slovakia
- Pauli 2010, International Symposium in Memoriam Wolfgang Ernst Pauli, April 23, 2010, Budapest, Hungary
- INES 2010, 14th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems 2010, May 5-7, 2010, Canary Islands, Spain
- CCC-CONTI 2010, International Joint Conferences on Applied Intelligent Engineering and Technical Informatics, May 27-29, 2010, Timisoara, Romania
- RAAD 2010, 19th International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region, 2010. June 23-27. Budapest, Hungary
- Student Conference, 8th Student Scientific Conference, 2010. August 23-25. Budapest, Hungary
- SISY 2010, 8th IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics, September 10-11, 2010 --- Subotica, Serbia
IEEE Student Branch & GOLD Congress Leuven, Belgium
Three delegates from Hungary participated in the IEEE Region 8 Student Branch & GOLD Congress 2010 which was held between 4-8 August in Leuven. Richard Cselkó, Bálint Németh and Beáta Polgári were in Belgium to get to know other student branches, GOLD and student members, take part in various workshops and socials programs and also learn the IEEE.
TEP Workshop in Hungary
Following the successful TEP initiative in Russia in the last year, at 18th of June, 2010 in Budapest, Hungary, Óbuda University hosted IEEE HS Technical English Program Workshop. Prof. Imre Rudas, rector of Óbuda University, chair of IEEE HS welcomed the event. Students become aware of the benefit of their English knowledge, they got encouragement to use and develop the existing English practice. The exercise solution was organized into 4 groups, each group has been moderated by a volunteer. The oral result presentation was evaluated by the other groups. In the first block some math-, comprehension exercises and advanced algebraic examples were solved. Peter Kadar IEEE HS vice chair presented the benefits and opportunities of IEEE, Peter Farkas from Slovakia introduced the IEEE Czechoslovakia Section. In the "black box" exercise the task is to imagine how a "machine" should work with given in- and output. The student designed the main modules of the "box", explained the operation itself, what is happening "inside the box" and drew a block diagram of the process. In the "business" exercise the groups are divided in two parts. The "sellers" proposed the defined service by listing arguments. The potential "buyers" had to find arguments against purchasing the service. The "pros" and "cons" was presented in the form of a free conversation between the two groups. The participants received certificate about the participation. In the feedback all the student welcomed the possibility of use their English, some of them liked more technical presentations too.
- 9th International Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics, (SAMI 2011) January 27-29, 2011, Smolenice, Slovakia
- 3rd IEEE International Symposium on Exploitation of Renewable Energy Sources, (EXPRES 2011) March 11-12, 2011, Subotica, Serbia
- 6th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics, (SACI 2011) May 19-21, 2011, Timisoara, Romania
- 15th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems 2011, (INES 2011) June 23-25, 2011, Poprad, Slovakia
- 9th IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Informatics, (SISY 2011) September 8-10, 2011, Subotica, Serbia
- 12th IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Informatics,(CINTI 2011) November 21-22, 2011, Budapest, Hungary
News from IEEE Hungary Section
- New Student Branch has been formed at 24th of January 2011 at the Óbuda University. This is the fourth Student Branch in Hungary, beyond the Technical University SB, Veszprém University SB and Pázmány Péter Catholic University SB.
- With the sister societies MATE, MEE memorandum of understanding has been signed for period 2012-14
- Invited lecture: on 14th of April, 2011 the KTE Rail Section and IEEE Industry Applications Society Chapters and Membership Department organized a lecture with title: „The economy and energetic role of the Electric Car – or really green the electric car?” The presentation was held by Dr. Peter Magyar, IEEE Industry Applications Society, Chapters and Membership Department Chair
- Morphotronics presentation: On 8th of April at Óbuda University in room Pauli professor Germano Resconi hold a presentation about morphotronics. This theory represents an improvement to traditional computation models used for analysis of mechatronic systems. G. Resconi is a professor in Artificial Intelligence at the Department of Mathematics and Physics at the Catholic University in Brescia, Italy.
- 50 years jubilee of IEEE membership of György GERGELY. He was born in 1923 (Vác, Hungary), graduated electrical engineer (1947) and Dr. Techn. (1949) by József Nádor Techn. Univ. Budapest. He worked on ellipsometry for Si MOS technology, Elastic peak electron spectroscopy (EPES), determination of the electron IMFP (inelastic mean free path, information depth) and SEP (surface excitation parameter). He is owner of several prizes.
- Section petition documents
- IEEE Geographic Unit Organizing Document - Hungary
- IEEE HS newsletter 2011 - I
- 1 Establishment of Section
- 2 List of chairpersons of HS
- 3 Membership
- 4 HS chapters
- 5 2009 Activities
- 6 2010 Activities
- 7 2011 Activities
- 8 Archival Documents
- 9 Further Reading