IEEE Austria Section History
|IEEE Austria Section History|
| List of Subsections in this Section
The IEEE Austria Section was formed on the 21st of December 1979 and is active since the 1st of January 1980 with Kurt Richter being the first Section Chair. As of 2010 the IEEE Austria Section has a total of 1318 members.
|| Section Chair|
| 01.01.1980 — 31.01.1985
| 01.02.1985 — 31.12.1990
| 01.01.1991 — 31.12.1995
| 01.01.1996 — 31.12.2001
| 01.01.2002 — 31.12.2005
| 01.01.2006 — 31.12.2008
| 01.01.2009 — 31.12.2009
| 01.01.2010 — 31.01.2012
| 01.02.2012 — current
The chapters “RAS (Robotics & Automation)” and “IAS/PELS/IES (Industry Application Society, Power Electronics Society, Industrial Electronics Society)” have newly been formed and have had their first meetings in 2011. The chapter of the “IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society” was established in March 2010.
The chapter was founded in 2005 and is operating in the framework of the IEEE Education Society.
Chapter Chair: Michael E. Auer <email@example.com>
- 2010: Three day workshop “iLab”: Initiative of MIT to develop a network of through the Internet accessible lab experiments for teaching.
- 2009: Summerschool “Remote Systems” in Maribor and Villach (together with EdSoc Chapter Slowenia)
- 2007: “22. Österreichischer Automatisierungstag“, 24.10.2007, Graz
- 2006: Going Green - CARE INNOVATION 2006, 13.–16.11.2006, Vienna
COM/MTT (Communications/Microwave Theory and Techniques)
The chapter was founded in 2004 with the goal to nationally bring together the Austrian activities and IEEE members, promote international visibility and provide a forum for mutual exchanges on the topic of telecommunication and microwave technology. It currently (2009) has 187 members.
Chapter Chair: Andreas Springer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2009: 4th IEEE UWB Forum on Sensing and Communications, 15.04.2009, TU Wien
- 2009: Organisation of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Workshop on Wireless Sensing, Local Positioning, and RFID, 24.—25.09.2009, Cavtat, Croatia
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility)
It was founded in 1992 by H. Garn (Seibersdorf), W. Bittinger (Bosch), W. Müllner (Seibersdorf) and G. Horak (Alcatel-Lucent). The aim of the chapter is to provide a platform for knowledge transfer and networking within the EMC community in Austria and with national and international organizations.
Chapter Chair: Kurt Lamedschwandner <email@example.com>
- 2010: 8th Austrian IEEE EMC Symposium, Seibersdorf
- 2009: 7th Austrian IEEE EMC Symposium, 23.04.2009, TU-Graz
- 2008: 6th Austrian IEEE EMC Symposium, 17.04.2008, Seibersdorf
- 2007: 5th Austrian IEEE EMC Symposium, 12.06.2007, TU-Graz
- 2006: 4th Austrian IEEE EMC Symposium, 04.05.2006, Seibersdorf
- 2002: EMC Practical Seminar 2002, 23.01.2002, Seibersdorf Research Center
TMC (Technology Management)
The society provides educational programmes which highlight proven management techniques used at successful companies and new “leading edge” management theories and techniques. TMC aims to promote research in and development and exchange of new management theories and techniques.
Chapter Chair: Bernd Kopacek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2010: Co‐Organisation “Going Green ‐ Care Innovation 2010”, 08.—11.11.2010, Vienna
- 2010: Co‐Organisation “25. Österreichischer Automatisierungstag”, 08.10.2010, University Klagenfurt
- 2009: 20th ISPIM Conference - The Future of Innovation, 21.—24.06.2009
CAS/SCC (Circuits & Systems/Solid state circuits)
The chapter was founded in 2008 and has about 100 members. Its goal is to nationally bring together the Austrian activities and IEEE members, promote international visibility and provide a forum for mutual exchanges.
Chapter Chair: Gernot Hueber <email@example.com>
- 2010: Austrochip, 18th Austrian Workshop on Microelectronics, FH-Kärnten
- 2010: Workshop AACD (Advances in Analog Circuit Design), TU-Graz
- 2009: Austrochip, 17th Austrian Workshop on Microelectronics, October 2009, TU Graz
- 2007: Austrochip, 16th Austrian Workshop on Microelectronics, 11.10.2007, Graz
- 2006: Austrochip, 15th Austrian Workshop on Microelectronics, 11.10.2006, Vienna
- 2001: European Solid-State Circuits Conference ESSCIRC, 18.—20.09.2001, Villach
CS/SMCS (Computer Society/Systems, Man & Cybernetics Society)
Chapter Chair: Edgar Weippl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2011: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), 22.—26.08.2011, Vienna
- 2010: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), Krakow, Poland
- 2009: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), Fukuoka, Japan
- 2008: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), Barcelona, Spain
- 2007: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), Vienna
- 2006: International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), Vienna
- Vienna University of Technology: SB TU Wien.
- Graz University of Technology: SB TU Graz, founded 1994.
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria - Wels: SB FH Wels, founded 2008.
- Johannes Kepler University Linz: SB JKU Linz, founded 2008.
- Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt: SB Klagenfurt, founded 2012.
Major Activities of the Section Conferences:
- 2011: 1st CeuSBC (Central European Student Branch Congress) 2011, Linz, Upper Austria
Major Activities of the Section
The first newsletter was electronically dispatched in December 2008. It aims to inform about IEEE events in Austria, about symposia and offer insight to the section officers’ work. It is made public on a half yearly basis and can be obtained on the IEEE Austria Section Website.
Local conferences and listing of major conferences held in the section area:
- 2013: Industrial Electronics Annual Conference (IECON), November 2013, Vienna, Austria
- 2012: Forum on Specification & Design Languages (FDL), September 2012, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna
- 2007: 1st International Engineering & Neuro-Psychoanalysis Forum, 23.07.2007, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna
- 2007: 5th International Conference on Industrial Informatics, 23.—26.07.2007, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna
- 2007: 4th International Conference on Knowledge Management, 27.—28.08.2007, Vienna
- 2007: International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communication, 13.—14.09.2007, Salzburg
- 2007: First International EURASIP Workshop on RFID Technology, 24.—25.09.2007, Vienna
- 2007: International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras, 25.—28.09.2007, Vienna
- 2007: International IEEE Symposium on Precision Clock Synchronization for Measurement, Control and Communication (ISPCS) 2007, 01.—03.10.2007, Vienna
- 2007: FH Science Day 2007, 24.10.2007, Wels
- 2007: Integrated Transport System (ITS) Austria Conference, 07.—08.11.2007, Vienna
- 2007: Testmethoden und Zuverlässigkeit von Schaltungen u. Systemen, 24.—26.02.2008, Vienna
- 2001: International Symposium on High Performance Electron Devices for Microwave and Optoelelectronic Applications (EDMO), 15.–16.11.2001, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna
- 2000: International Conference on Ion Implantation Technology (ITT), 11.—22.09.2000, Tyrol
- 1 Section History
- 2 Chapters
- 3 Student Branches
- 4 Major Activities of the Section