Metals tend to be excellent conductors of electricity and are an invaluable component of electrical engineering
- Alkali metals - the metals that compose the group 1 elements in the periodic table
- Alkaline earth metals - the metals that compose the group 2 elements of the periodic table
- Alloys - the mixture or solid solution of two or more elements
- Aluminum - a silvery white metal of the boron group of elements, with the symbol Ai and the atomic number 13
- Heavy metals
- Metalloids - elements that cannot be easily classified as a metal or nonmetal, including semiconductors such as silicon
- Molten metal and solidification
- Precious metals
- Transition metals - an element whose atom has an incomplete d sub-shell, or, commonly, any element in the d-block of the periodic table
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
Pages in category ‘Metals’
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.